The mission of the American Indian OIC is to empower American Indians to pursue career opportunities by providing individualized education, training, and employment services in a culturally rich environment. The goal of the American Indian OIC is to not only help people in poverty, unemployment or seeking advancement obtain a job, but to provide an educational foundation that secures employment in positions that have opportunities for professional and financial growth. The organization achieves this by educating people from all academic levels and moving them forward to a more stable and thriving future. Most participants in our training programs have the ability to acquire hands on experience in their field by working with local businesses and nonprofits while others are able to secure experience by working with our entrepreneurial programs.
Amicus is a Minnesota not-for-profit organization with over 44 years of experience in improving public safety by helping inmates and ex-offenders through positive relationship-building, restorative justice practices and individualized transition services. Amicus partners with inmates, ex-offenders, juvenile offenders, at risk youth and communities to build successful lives and stronger communities.
Through innovative programming, Amicus helps inmates and ex-offenders reshape their lives, reach their goals, and make successful transitions from prison into the community. All of the Amicus programs are relationship-based, community-driven, culturally specific and outcome-oriented.
Amicus Values: Caring – Respect – Responsibility – Community – Transformation
Avivo (formerly RESOURCE) provides chemical and mental health services, career education, and employment services for women, men, and families in the Twin Cities metro and central Minnesota. We specialize in serving low- and very low-income families and individuals with complex needs around health, employment, and economic stability. We offer more than 20 locations and serve residents in 17 counties.
Avivo’s mission is to increase well-being through employment, career advancement, and recovery.
Comprised of strengths, interests and skill identification surveys and work history and barriers to employment evaluations.
Employment Plan Development
Once income eligibility is verified, applicants are required to create an Employment Plan which is closely monitored by county staff. The applicant’s Employment Plan may include enrollment in some of the following required activities:
- SKILL CLASS – Offered in Blue Earth County only. The class provides hands on job skill training in the areas of customer service, keyboarding, basic and advanced computer skills, CPR/First aid training and certification, Business English and business math. The National Work Readiness and National Career Readiness Certification is also incorporated into these classes.
- INTENSIVE JOB SEARCH – Participant is required to seek employment for 30 to 35 hours per week, and must check in at 9:00 am with the Job Search Mentor. Job leads, tips and suggestions, job clubs and other workshops are provided each week as well as referrals to the classes at the area Work Force Centers.
- GED/DIPLOMA OR ENGLISH CLASSES – Referral to classes offered through local partnerships with area Adult Basic Education program
- VOLUNTEER / COMMUNITY WORK EXPERIENCE PROGRAM – Volunteer and community work sites are available to allow the participant to gain valuable work experience and a positive reference while helping out local nonprofit agencies with their missions.
- PAID WORK EXPERIENCE OR WORK TRYOUTS – Some participants may be referred to our Placement Specialist who works with area employers to set up paid trainings for the job seeker. The wage subsidies offered through this service help to defray the cost to employers while the employee is being trained into a position.
- INVOLVEMENT IN SOCIAL SERVICE ACTIVITIES – A licensed social worker works with the participant to help stabilize the family experiencing difficulties with housing, physical or mental health issues or other barriers to reaching their goals.
- SHORT TERM TRAINING AND POST SECONDARY TRAINING SUPPORT – Some of our programs allow the participant to attend post secondary programs to gain a marketable skill. The types, length and amount of support vary depending on each specific program.
On-Going Monitoring of Job Search Activities and Employment Plan
Applicants report to their Job Counselor on a regular basis which provides an opportunity to discuss any updates and progress. All applicants are required to submit daily or monthly proof of the current employment activities they are involved in. Applicants are required to prove “good cause” for not participating or following through with their Employment Plan.
Support Services to Applicants
Applicants may be assisted with transportation, daycare and other work related needs.
Job Retention & Follow-Up Services
Once an applicant becomes employed, Job Counselors, Case Aides and Training Consultants continue to provide ongoing encouragement and support services. These follow-up services are also available to employers for new employee orientations, intervention and mediation, trainings, and other job retention purposes.
Children and Families:
At St. Joseph’s Home for Children and Northside Child Development Center we work with children and their families to provide a good start in life through a nurturing environment, comfort in crisis, and mental health counseling for bright, strong futures.
Catholic Charities helps refugees work towards independence by reuniting families and providing assistance as they settle.
Older Adults and People With Disabilities:
We serve older adults and people with disabilities, helping them live independently in their homes and connecting homeless elders to housing.
People Experiencing or at Risk of Homelessness:
At places like the Dorothy Day Center, Higher Ground, Family Service Center and the Opportunity Center we provide meals, shelter and opportunities to find jobs, secure a stable home and medical care for those who need it.
The Cedar Riverside Opportunity Center is a one-stop shop for educational, workforce and career pathway services with direct access to skill building opportunities that lead to well-paying jobs.
Cedar Riverside Opportunity Center efforts are focused on the following programming areas:
- Career Pathways
- Skill Building
- Training Credentials
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Address: 505 15th Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55454
Phone Number: (612)425-4700
About Cedar Riverside Opportunity Center
The Cedar Riverside Opportunity Center is a one-stop shop for educational and workforce resources and a pipeline to good jobs for people of all ages through the committed presence of public and private sector employers. Hennepin County, partnering with EMERGE, the City of Minneapolis and Minneapolis Community Technical College (MCTC) will focus efforts on employment/jobs (structured career pathways and training opportunities), skill building and credentials and certification. The ultimate goal of the Opportunity Center is the reduction of unemployment and to increase higher educational attainment and enrollment within the Cedar Riverside neighborhood.
Transform Cedar Riverside into a thriving economic community by connecting youth and community to quality education and employment.
Provide access to employment and training opportunities for Cedar Riverside residents by bringing employers and higher education to the community and building greater prosperity for all.
Since 1960, Cedar Valley Services Inc. has been helping communities in the Minnesota area to get back on their feet by providing vocational rehabilitation services. Our dedicated group of individuals also provide services for individuals with disabilities.
If you require help in starting work, we’ll assess your potential and place you in a competitive working environment that helps you grow and stabilize financially.
Employment in a wide variety of sectors
Cedar Valley Services Inc. has been helping communities in the Minnesota area by providing employment opportunities for a few prime products. We also help individuals with disabilities using our contracts with commerce and industry for a variety services in facilities owned by us as well as customers.
Once you reach out to us, we’ll assess your potential and place you in a competitive working environment that helps you grow and stabilize financially.
Services available for individuals with disability
Are you struggling to find the right job because of a disability? You are not alone anymore. Our friendly and dedicated team will help you assess your potential and then help you choose the right program. This will help you become equipped to take up work in any service or sector successfully and help you stabilize your life.
If you or someone you know is struggling with disability and trying to find work, you can use our referral form and give us the details so that we can reach out immediately.
Central Minnesota Jobs and Training Services, Inc. (CMJTS) is a nonprofit employment and training agency and a partner in the Minnesota WorkForce Center System. Our mission is to match job seekers, youth, businesses, and those seeking training with the resources available to them. CMJTS is a partner of Workforce Service Area 5 which serves 11 counties in Central Minnesota, including Meeker, McLeod, Renville, Kandiyohi, Kanabec, Wright, Sherburne, Mille Lacs, Isanti, Chisago, and Pine Counties.
An agency connecting you with temporary employment assignments.
At Command Center we supply quality labor and we care enough to consistently place the right candidates in the right jobs. We have more than 50 locally-managed branches throughout the United States that serve as trusted partners to businesses and job seekers alike. Clients, representing a variety of industries, trust us to learn their business and to plan ahead to address their dynamic staffing needs. Job seekers trust us to understand their complete employment picture and place them in on-demand, temporary, temp-to-hire, or permanent placement positions where they can grow, thrive, and provide immediate value.
8466 Xerxes Avenue
Brooklyn Park MN 55444
320 Garfield St. So.
Cambridge MN 55008
8440 Excelsior Blvd
Hopkins MN 55343
1044 W 7th
Saint Paul MN 55102
423 Benson Ave. S.W.
Willmar MN 56201
Are you a counselor looking for employment? If so, check out the listings below. You just might find the perfect opportunity that fits your interests, skills, and career goals. You’ll find openings at various organizations, clinics, and private facilities nationwide. Best of luck in your search!
Is a term most often used within the context of graduate degree programs. Those who study counseling psychology usually do so toward a career in the mental health field. Counseling psychology is the aspect of the mental health field that focuses on working with people to assist them in exploring and transforming unpleasant and distressing or disruptive mental and emotional experiences into useful personal growth opportunities.
A Unique Relationship-focused Program! We can help you get back on your feet. You do the footwork! We provide the structure, support, and resources. Free and Open to All.
The Dignity Center works with people to achieve and maintain stability. Participants engage with one advocate, make and keep appointments, set goals and report actions taken to achieve those goals. We work together on stability skills such as problem solving, decision making, organization and budgeting. Progress is measured as improved housing, increased financial situation, completed education and training, obtained employment, and supportive community.
Flexible. Local. Connected. Doherty is one of the Midwest’s largest and most experienced providers of contract and temporary staffing services.
Part of your working life
Placing great people into work opportunities is our mission, and it’s been a life-changing one for our candidates. We hope you turn to Doherty at every stage of your working life, from your first job, to the peak of your career, to the flexible or short-term opportunities during the busier times of your life.
Working with Doherty
Flexible work options are among today’s most sought-after employment benefits. Approximately three million people work as temporary employees in the United States and two-thirds of them say temporary work gives them the flexible schedule they need to balance work and family.
Whether you are looking for temporary work, a contract position, or a permanent job, Doherty can help you find the role that matches your current needs and skill set. We want to place you with the company that’s right for you!
Whatever your career path, Doherty is here for you.
Click the link below to find the location nearest you for contact information!
Fostering the development and well being of individuals
and families while strengthening our diverse community.
East Side Neighborhood Services is a nonprofit human services agency that provides basic needs resources and social services to individuals, families and neighborhoods primarily located in Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis. Its purpose is to assist people of all ages and backgrounds in realizing a higher quality of life.
Since 1915, East Side Neighborhood Services has served immigrant, refugee and low income individuals and families. These services address access to basic needs and issues of family violence, housing, effective parenting, adolescent pregnancy, truancy and school performance, legal problems, mental health, divorce/separation, school readiness and literacy, employment, and aging. Services are available at its main building and several off-site locations.
EMERGE provides a wide range of services related to employment, job training, financial services, and housing. Most participants live in the neighborhoods where our facilities are located, North Minneapolis and Cedar Riverside. We partner with people who are facing significant obstacles as they redefine themselves. We aim to help our clients find a career pathway and financial stability.
We partner with people as they redefine themselves and create economic opportunities in our communities.
Creating a community where people have the freedom and mutual support to thrive
- Equity–We embrace the diversity of those we serve and seek inclusiveness and fairness in all we do.
- Responsiveness–We strive to be flexible and adaptive to the changing needs of the communities while remaining urgent in our actions.
- Respect–Everyone is treated with professionalism and profound regard for their individualism.
- Integrity–We embrace honesty at every level of our organization.
Find a job. Advance your career.
With more than 70 programs and services, we provide customized support to help each individual achieve their professional and employment goals. Unique services include, but are not limited to:
- Employment, career development, and job placement services for laid-off workers through the Dislocated Workers Program
- Customized job skills training and employment services for low-income adults, including immigrants
- Assessment, career education, employment and job retention services for adults and young people with disabilities
- Career development and employment counseling specifically for women — making career decisions, finding employment or advancing in their careers
- Transition-to-employment services and care coordination services for low-income families transitioning off of public assistance (MFIP)
- Education support, employment services, parenting and life skills training for youth and young parents
As one of the largest workforce development, non-profit organizations in Minnesota, RESOURCE helps 5,000 people each year achieve successful employment and advance their careers.
To learn what service best fits your needs, call our program staff members directly.
Express Employment Professionals works with job seekers to help them find the right job for their skills and experience. We have a variety of jobs available, and there are full-time, part-time, and temporary positions available. And, as one of the leading staffing agencies in North America, Express provides employment services and workforce solutions to employers throughout our community. Contact us today to get started on finding the right fit for you.
Find Telecommuting Jobs and other great flexible jobs such as Part-Time jobs and Freelance work.
FlexJobs is an innovative, professional job service to help you find the best flexible jobs available, safely and easily.
Every job is hand-screened and legitimate. Guaranteed.
A 13-week structured, hands-on learning program where students learn the skills and techniques necessary to seek, secure and hold high demand positions in the Food Service industry.
How do I apply for Culinary Arts Training?
- Contact the Human Resources department at 612.277.0252 to schedule a meeting.
- Arrive at the appointment on time to take a pre-test and complete a program application
- Students will be selected for an interview based on the results of their pre-tests and applications. Not all candidates will be selected for an interview.
- The Human Resources Coordinator will call selected candidates to make an interview appointment.
- Arrive at your interview on time. After your interview, the Food Services Manager will select candidates who they feel are best suited for success in our culinary arts program. Not all candidates interviewed will be accepted into the Culinary Arts Training program.
- For more information contact the Human Resources department at 612.277.0252 or HR@peopleservingpeople.org.
FreedomWorks is a faith based program that focuses on creating a safe, sober and encouraging environment for men who wish to stay out of prison. At FreedomWorks, we guide men into new, healthy relationships, teach a new lifestyle through example, and match men with a mentor who walks alongside them in their journey to spiritual success. We focus on the challenges that many men face, such as career development and computer training, and help men through every aspect of their release. We build strong foundations, utilizing proven strategies that give our men an edge over standard halfway house placements. Our house is not just another flophouse where men lay their heads and do as they please, but instead is a community of brothers looking out for one another in the spirit of Christ.
As part of our Welcome Back orientation, we attend weekly Bible studies, 12-step recovery groups, community service, and church on the weekends. Our dignified apartments are well equipped, and include all the amenities they need to become self-sufficient. We also help men apply for financial assistance which typically covers their food needs. We provide meals three nights out of the week.
FreedomWorks Vision: To free men from the curse of crime and guide them to a satisfying life walking with God
Mission Statement: A Christian community providing housing and meaningful employment, trusting God to transform prisoners’ lives through Bible study, personal accountability, service and fellowship.
- To reduce the rate of recidivism in Minnesota (defined here as re-convicted of a felony and returned to prison) by providing practical support to men and women released from prison or rehab treatment programs.
- To meet the needs of former offenders for housing, employment, individual and family counseling, spiritual and vocational guidance, job coaching, food, clothing and transportation for program participants.
- To provide for former offenders quality training and resources that educate, equip and offer access to adult support from the community at large for each individual program participant and their families.
- To provide former offenders with service opportunities.
A PERSONALIZED APPROACH
HIRED’s mission is to provide personalized and innovative work solutions. The first step in achieving this mission is to acknowledge each potential client as an individual, and to find the programs and services that will best meet his or her needs. To accomplish this, HIRED pairs each job seeker with an experienced employment counselor to help navigate the job seeking process.
Job Seeker Services
- Career Planning and Personal Counseling
- Job Seeking Workshops
- Transition Seminars
- Placement Services
- Skills Training
- Support Services