If you would like to include your event on MRC’s calendar,
please complete the Event Calendar Request Form.
- This event has passed.
Recovery Advocacy Seminar
April 28, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Location: Metropolitan State University Founders Hall Auditorium.
- Become engaged to advocate for recovery issues important to you
- Speak out about recovery in a clear and credible way that will help move the recovery community’s advocacy agenda forward
- Establish an active Recovery Advocacy Group
- Promote recovery by advancing public awareness of the reality of recovery
- Share your voice with the leading organizations in MN who actively advocate for recovery issues
- 9am Registration/check-in
- 9:30am Welcome
- 9:45am Keynote Conversation with Johnny Solomon
- 10:30am Recovery Advocacy 101
- 10:45am Brian Dyke from the ADC Coalition of Color
- 11:15am Recovery Advocacy Action Week
- 12:00pm Lunch and Recovery Messaging Training
- 1:00pm Recovery Advocacy Panel and Listening Session
- 2:00pm Closing Remarks
4.5 CEU credits have been approved
Keynote Conversation with Special Unplugged Performance with Johnny Solomon
Called “one of Minneapolis’ greatest singer songwriters” by Filter Magazine, Johnny Solomon is the lead singer and songwriter behind the indie rock band Communist Daughter. A musician in long-term recovery, Solomon has become a passionate advocate for the recovery community. He gratefully shares his hope-filled story with others backstage, on stage and in a number of public forums.
Registration for this event is now closed. For more information contact Julia Alexander: firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-584-4158