Minnesota Recovery Connection (MRC) is proud to introducing you to the President’s Volunteer Service Award! MRC has been a certifying organization since 2020. MRC honors our volunteers who are donating their time and sharing their talents to solve the toughest challenges facing the recovery community. As a certified organization, MRC recognizes our most exceptional volunteers. We verify and certify that our exceptional volunteers meet the requirements to receive a PVSA within a 12-month period (your 12-month period starts on your first volunteer shift).
PVSA Volunteer Eligibility
- United States citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e., green card holder)
- Must be at least five years old
- Completes eligible service within a 12-month period (for annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards) and over a lifetime (for Lifetime Achievement Awards).
- Unpaid acts of volunteer service benefiting others, reported to MRC
- Travel stipends, transit/parking passes, membership passes, expense reimbursements, and other nominal volunteer support do not impact service eligibility
- Volunteer service that is performed after January 1st, 2019
Eligible Service does not include:
- 46 hours for attending Recovery Coach Academy (if applicable, to learn more about the Recovery Coach Academy, visit our website https://
- 50 volunteer hours towards the Recovery Coach Academy scholarship (if applicable, to learn more about the Recovery Coach Academy, visit our website https://
- Court-ordered community service
- Volunteer service for other organizations
- Donating funds
- Political lobbying (Non-partisan voter registration is an eligible activity)
- Religious instruction
- Conducting worship service
- Serving only family members
Hours Required to Earn Awards in Each Age Group * The Lifetime Achievement Award is not available to be awarded at this time. Learn more on https://www.
|Age Group||Bronze||Silver||Gold||Lifetime Achievement Award*|
|Young Adults (16–25)||100–174 hours||175–249 hours||250+ hours||4,000+ hours|
|Adults (26+)||100–249 hours||250–499 hours||500+ hours||4,000+ hours|
You can review your volunteer hours on our volunteer portal page. https://
Email email@example.com for more information.