Metropolitan Transportation Network (MTN) was founded as a private, minority-owned firm in 2004. Customers include public, charter, and private schools providing both regular and special education. We also offer individual home-to-school and open-enrollment pupil transportation.
We are looking for drivers who have their CDL / Class B license or are willing to obtain their CDL, as we provide FREE training and FREE road testing to obtain your CDL. This is a part-time position with approximately 25 hours per week, however, there could be other open routes available, which may have 30+ or more hours per week. We offer the highest paid starting wage of $25 per hour for our industry and offer flexibility. We have a strong leadership team and excellent trainers.
School Bus Driver
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely transports passengers
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections
- Assists students in the loading and unloading process
- Operates school bus at a safe speed not to exceed post speed limits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license for at least 2-3 years
- Ability to pass a drug and criminal background screen
- Candidate must have, or be able to obtain and maintain a CDL w/ S and P endorsement.
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Good verbal, written and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, management, client representatives, and general public.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Candidates must have previous safety and training experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Metropolitan Transportation Network, Inc. provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Black-owned organization
- Women-led organization
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- Diversity and inclusion training or programs
- Benefits for those who qualify