MRCI’s County Employment Services provides numerous employment services for recipients of:
Minnesota’s Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- The Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) provides temporary assistance to low-income families with one or more children.
- The program helps families by expecting, supporting and rewarding work.
- MFIP expects parents who receive cash and food benefits to look for work, attend classes or be working.
Diversionary Work Program (DWP)
- The Diversionary Work Program (DWP) is designed to meet specific crisis situations and help families move immediately to employment rather than go on welfare.
- Families participate in the program for only four consecutive months.
- DWP is a Short-term, non-welfare program
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Programs (SNAP) Employment and Training Services
- Objective of the SNAP Employment and Training program is to help individuals receiving only food support transition from public assistance to self-sufficiency by preparing for and obtaining paid employment.