The Walk begins at 1:00 p.m. near the steps of the Minnesota State Capitol.
Music, fun activities, food, educational opportunities, and more start at 10 a.m.
Come early and enjoy the day! Register or Donate Today!
9:30 a.m.: Check in and on-site registration begins
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Exhibitors, fun activities. food trucks, and more!
10: 00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Live entertainment at the NUWAY Main Stage, hosted by Elise Cole
Schedule of live entertainment
10:00 – 10:30 Enjoy the funk and disco grooves of Captive Agents
10:45 – 11:15 Ukelele Songbird, Katy Vernon
11:30 – 12:15 Blues, R&B, and originals, Ross William Perry Band with John Garden
12:15 p.m.: Honor Guard photo on Capitol Steps.
Individuals with 10 or more years in personal or family recovery are invited to participate in a special group photo.
12:30 p.m.: Recovery Works! photo on Capitol Steps. All attendees are invited to participate in a group photo. Let’s show our strength in numbers!
12:45 p.m.: Remarks, remembrances, and invitation to break the stigma of addiction.
1:00 p.m.: Walk for Recovery begins!
Gather your team together or join in with the crowd. The Walk will circle the Capitol grounds (approximately 1 mile) and give everyone the chance to advocate for, show up for, and WALK for RECOVERY!
1:15 – 2:00: “This Is What Recovery Looks Like” Photo Finish.
Get your individual or group photo taken with the “This Is What Recovery Looks Like” banner when you finish the walk. Photos will be available on Flickr.
• Goody Bags! Goody Bags will be distributed from the NUWAY Main Stage until they’re gone. There’s great swag in every bag, and a few also have gift certificates for Mesa Pizza, Cold Front Ice Cream, or the Saint Paul Saints. You might be the lucky winner!
10:30, 11:15 & 12:15
• Free Henna
10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Free Face Painting
10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Yoga Workshop: all ages, no previous experience necessary.
10:30 a.m. & 11:30 a.m.
• Traveling Photo Booth: be your most authentic self. Wacky props included!
• Bubble Fun: create beautiful bubbles using wands of different sizes and shapes.
• Meet “Beau” the therapy horse, courtesy of Acres for Life
• Tiger Moonwalk Bounce House: it’s a fitness workout and it’s just plain fun!
All ages, all day
• Walk Team Photos
Schedule details subject to change.