Love helping others? Want to share your knowledge about recovery? Have an hour a week to volunteer? Become a Telephone Recovery Support volunteer.
Telephone Recovery Support volunteers provide recovery support to individuals seeking to initiate or maintain their recovery. Volunteers call recipients once a week to check in and connect them with resources to strengthen their recovery.
Becoming a Telephone Recovery Support volunteer peer is a wonderful way to strengthen your own recovery by giving back and staying connected.
Telephone Recovery Support volunteer peers need the following:
- Six months or longer in recovery
- The desire to support others in their recovery
- The willingness to participate in and complete a six-hour training
- A commitment to volunteer at MRC’s offices for a minimum of two 3-hour shifts per month, for at least two months
- No violent or predatory convictions
See the full Telephone Recovery Support volunteer position description here: Telephone Recovery Support-Volunteer Service description
To become a Telephone Recovery Support volunteer:
- Complete the MRC volunteer application here
- Register for the 6-hour Telephone Recovery Support training here
- Complete the Pre-training assignments
2019 Training Dates:
Tuesday, February 12: 9 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Friday, February 8
Tuesday, April 9 and Tuesday, April 16: 6 – 9 p.m. (attendance at both sessions required)
Registration Deadline: Friday, April 5
Saturday, June 15: 9 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, June 12
Tuesday, August 13: 9 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Friday, August 9
Tuesday, October 8 and Tuesday, October 15: 6 – 9 p.m. (attendance at both sessions required)
Registration Deadline: Friday, October 4
Saturday, December 14: 9 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, December 11
All training takes place at Minnesota Recovery Connection offices. Refreshments provided.
For more information about Telephone Recovery Support volunteering and training, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-584-4158.