Love helping others? Want to share your knowledge about recovery? Have an hour a week to volunteer? Become a Telephone Recovery Support volunteer.
Telephone Recovery Support volunteers provide recovery support to individuals seeking to initiate or maintain their recovery. Volunteers call recipients once a week to check in and connect them with resources to strengthen their recovery.
Becoming a Telephone Recovery Support volunteer peer is a wonderful way to strengthen your own recovery by giving back and staying connected.
Telephone Recovery Support volunteer peers need the following:
- Six months or longer in recovery
- The desire to support others in their recovery
- The willingness to participate in and complete a six-hour training
- The ability to volunteer at MRC’s offices about one hour per week
- No violent or predatory convictions
See the full Telephone Recovery Support volunteer position description here.
To become a Telephone Recovery Support volunteer:
- Complete the MRC volunteer application here
- Register for the 6-hour Telephone Recovery Support training here
- Complete the Pre-training assignments
2018 Training Dates:
Tuesday, December 11: 9 am-3:30 pm (lunch included)
Registration Deadline: Friday, December 7
All trainings take place at Minnesota Recovery Connection offices.
For more information about Telephone Recovery Support volunteering and training, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-584-4158.