Love helping others? Want to share your knowledge about recovery? Have an hour a week to volunteer? Become a Telephone Recovery Support volunteer.
Telephone Recovery Support volunteers provide recovery support to individuals seeking to initiate or maintain their recovery. Volunteers call recipients once a week to check in and connect them with resources to strengthen their recovery.
Becoming a Telephone Recovery Support volunteer peer is a wonderful way to strengthen your own recovery by giving back and staying connected.
Telephone Recovery Support volunteer peers need the following:
- Six months or longer in recovery
- The desire to support others in their recovery
- The willingness to participate in and complete a six-hour training
- A commitment to volunteer at MRC’s offices for a minimum of two 3-hour shifts per month, for at least two months
- No violent or predatory convictions
See the full Telephone Recovery Support volunteer position description here: Telephone Recovery Support-Volunteer Service description
To become a Telephone Recovery Support volunteer:
- Complete the MRC volunteer application here
- Register for the 6-hour Telephone Recovery Support training here
2020 Training Dates:
Tuesday, August 11: 9 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, August 4
Tuesday, October 13 and Tuesday, October 20: 4 – 7 p.m. (attendance at both sessions required)
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, October 6
Saturday, December 12: 9 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Friday, December 4
All training takes place at Minnesota Recovery Connection offices. Refreshments provided.
For more information about Telephone Recovery Support volunteering and training, email us at email@example.com or call 612-584-4158.